Today, representatives from the health and care sector, the police, the charity and voluntary sector, and government are gathering at the Oval in Vauxhall, South London to discuss, debate and celebrate the work of the Mental Health Crisis Care Concordat.
The success of street triage, the reduction in the use of police cells as places of safety and the continuing efforts of the police and local health and care services to work more closely together will be explored among many other topics including:
- Reducing crisis through recovery focused practice
- Eliminating out of area placements
- Embedding the Concordat through commissioning
- Legislative changes to sections 135 and 136
- Enhancing mental health crisis care in A&E
- Why mental health crisis care for children and young people is different
- Getting transfer of care right between services
We'll be tweeting coverage of this summit throughout the day from 9.45am, so please keep an eye out for our messages and comments using #concordat.